2018 update Wills and Estate Planning- Free Seminar
January 11 Thursday
12:15-1:00 PM and again 5:00-5:15pm
Law Office of Kenneth Vercammen,
2053 Woodbridge Ave, Edison, NJ 08817
COST: Free if you pre-register by email. Complimentary materials provided at 12:00 sharp. Free sandwiches for past and current clients from Craig’s Deli.
We previously held this seminar for the Metuchen and Edison Library. This program is limited to 15 people. Please bring a canned food donation, which will be given to St. Matthews St. Vincent DePaul Food Bank. Please email us if you plan on attending or if you would like us to email the materials.
SPEAKER: Kenneth Vercammen, Esq.
(Author- ABA Wills and Estate Administration)
1. NJ Estate Tax eliminated on Estates under $5,400,000 as of January 1, 2018
2. NJ Inheritance Tax stays if assets are going to persons other than spouse or children.
3. Federal Estate Tax exemption increased to over $5.49 million in 2018 but gifts limited to $14,000 per person
4. Set up a testamentary trust in your Will for Protection for spouses and leaving assets to children:
5. We recommend Self- Proving Wills since witnesses often move or pass away
6. The New Probate law NJ
7. NJ Supreme Court holds if an executor or trustee violates fiduciary duty they can be liable for attorneys fees
8. Power of Attorney- Do not use a form purchased online.
9. Federal Health Privacy Law (HIPAA)- Have a new Living Will prepared
10. Competency required to sign a Will or Power of Attorney
COMPLIMENTARY MATERIAL: Brochures on Wills, Probate and Administration of an Estate, Power of Attorney, Living Wills, Real Estate Sales for Seniors, and Trusts.
Co-Sponsor: Middlesex County Estate Planning Council
To attend email VercammenLaw@Njlaws.com
other Information call 732-572-0500
Can’t attend? We can email you materials
Send email to VercammenLaw@Njlaws.com